Concrete Livestock Waterer Features & Benefits
Whether for dairy or feedlot cattle, Bohlmann waterers are constructed for durability, with a variety of features to choose from to help you manage your operation efficiently. To accommodate cattle operations of all sizes, Bohlmann offers 20 different models of concrete cattle waterers, ranging in capacity from 5 to 140 gallons.
The precast concrete hull of Bohlmann cattle waterers eliminates rusting of troughs and walls, and is reinforced with a steel frame and, in larger models, wire mesh. Our cattle waterers are well insulated to contain ground heat within the waterer; more than two (2) inches of polyurethane insulation provide an R-value rating of 12, maximizing heating economy in the winter and cool water in the summer.
The troughs are sealed with a two-part epoxy coating for added protection from salts and minerals while creating a smoother finish surface for easier cleaning. Most models of Bohlmann cattle waterers also offer oversized drains, which are flush mounted with bottom of the trough for an increased level of ease during cleanout.
Bohlmann’s large-capacity cattle waterers feature an open trough and large drinking space, giving animals free access and allowing comfortable, effortless drinking. To meet Grade A applications, our dairy cattle waterers have peaked hoods. Bohlmann feedlot cattle waterers are manufactured with flat topped hoods.
Bohlmann also manufactures small-capacity waterers (5-,7-,10- and 12-gallon capacity), which are ideal for calves, sheep and other small animals. Our small-capacity cattle waterers are available in lower height of 19” to accommodate smaller livestock.
All models come standard with electric or manual constant flow. Manual constant flow can be turned on to circulate the water and help prevent freezing. The sloping side walls of Bohlmann cattle waterers offers extended protection against freezing.
- Walters constant flow ice preventers. The thermostatically controlled Walters valve helps prevent freezing by using a coil filled with gas that expands and contracts based on the temperature of the water. The coil is placed in the water, and as the temperature drops, the gas expands, and near the freezing point, the valve automatically opens, releasing a flow of water to circulate the water in the trough. Just as the Walters constant flow ice preventer turns on automatically, it also turns off automatically when the water temperature rises, conserving water usage.
- Electric heat. Electric heat helps to prevent freezing in colder climates or in yards where waterers are more exposed to wind. Tubular chromium plated heating elements and Fenwal thermal switch thermostats ensure years of dependable heating performance
- Brass valves.Some models offer the option of upgrading the valve from plastic to brass for greater protection against wear and weather.
All metal components in Bohlmann cattle waterers are manufactured from either galvanized or stainless steel for the highest level of durability. In addition, large service doors provide easy access for maintenance, and our newly designed hoods and service door hardware guarantee years of trouble-free maintenance, while allowing for easy change-out if the need should arise.
- Tubular chromium plated heating elements and Fenwal thermal switch thermostats ensure years of dependable heating performance
- Optional peaked hood is available for Grade A applications on most waterer models
- Oversized drains are flush mounted with bottom of trough for an increased level of ease during cleanout
- New hood and service door hardware is designed for years of trouble-free maintence while allowing for easy change-out if the need should arise
- Larger service door provides easier access for maintenance